Marijuana edibles are the ideal treat to satisfy your cravings and uplift your mind. Cannabis-infused foods and drinks are popular at the dispensary, but they can be expensive; luckily, making your own edibles at home is easy.
Edibles are known for producing a unique, intense high that differs from smoking weed. For this reason, many people prefer edibles over smoking or vaping. Edibles are also beloved for being discrete, potent, and most importantly, delicious. Cannabis-infused snacks come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from classic THC brownies to CBD tinctures and gummies. Edibles exist in the form of lollipops, beef jerky, burgers, ice cream, and essentially any other food you can imagine. Beverages infused with cannabis, including beer and wine, are also rising in popularity.
The Basics of Making Edibles
Cooking delicious, potent edibles is a relatively easy process, but it’s not as simple as just adding weed to your food. Marijuana flower doesn’t produce any effects if you eat it before treating it. The preparation of edibles requires some kind of cannabis-infused oil or decarboxylated weed. Cannabis-infused butter, cannabutter, is one of the most popular bases for edibles. Cannabutter can be used in place of regular butter in any recipe.
Awesome Strains for Edibles:
The best part about making edibles at home is that you can customize them to match your own preferences. When you choose a cannabis strain to make edibles, consider the different flavors and effects. Indica strains promote sleep and relaxation, while sativa strains are known to energize and inspire. These marijuana strains are great options to use when following these five edibles recipes:
- Golden Goat
- White Widow
- Casey Jones
- Sour Diesel
- Lemon Skunk
- Granddaddy Purple
- Bubba Kush
- White Fire
- Alien OG
1. Cannabis Caramels
- 1 cup of cannabutter
- 1 cup of corn syrup
- 2 ½ cups brown sugar
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Melt cannabutter in a medium pot on the stove.
- Add the brown sugar and a dash of salt. Stir in the condensed milk and syrup.
- Stir the mixture over heat for 12-15 minutes until it begins thickening. Keep stirring throughout the process.
- Add the vanilla as the mixture hardens. Mix well and place into a 9 x 13-inch pan to cool.
2. Blazed Bacon
- cannabis, ground to a powder
- bacon strips
- Lay bacon strips on a baking tray and sprinkle cannabis powder on top.
- Place in the oven at 275-300° F for 10 minutes. This process will decarboxylate the weed and infuse it with the bacon fat, making the THC effective when ingested.
- After 10 minutes, flip the bacon over. Sprinkle more cannabis powder on top of the bacon. The amount of weed you use depends on your preference and tolerance.
- Cook in the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool before serving.
3. THC Popcorn
- 1-3 tbsp cannabutter
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp regular butter (optional)
- Heat the peanut oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Place a few popcorn kernels into the oil to test the heat. You know that your oil is hot enough once your kernels pop.
- Add the rest of the popcorn kernels to the saucepan.
- Sprinkle with salt and add the cannabutter. For extra creamy texture and taste, add regular butter too.
- Cover the pot with a lid and shake the pot gently from side to side. Once the popping gets to be about 2 seconds apart, remove from the heat.
- Pour into a bowl. Add extra cannabutter or salt on top to taste.
4. Weed Cookies
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 370° F. Combine the brown sugar, cannabutter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add in the chocolate chips, eggs, and water. Continue to stir until it forms a semi-solid texture.
- Arrange the dough on a baking sheet with plenty of space around each cookie. Bake until the outside becomes golden. To test that the cookies are finished, stick a toothpick into the center. You’ll know the cookie is done baking when the toothpick comes out clean, without any trace of dough.
5. Marijuana Milkshake
- cannabis oil
- 350 g vanilla ice cream
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 banana or ¼ cup strawberries
- rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- whipped topping (optional)
- Put the vanilla ice cream and fruit of your choice in a blender. Begin to combine.
- Add the milk and cannabis oil to the mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into cups and top with whipped cream, sprinkles, candies, or extra fruit.
Stoned & Satisfied
When it comes to edibles, portion control and patience are important. It’s easy to consume a higher dose than intended and experience uncomfortable side effects. Wait at least an hour after consuming your first treat before having more. Remember, everyone’s tolerance and dosing points are different.
Overall, the benefits of edibles are incredible and undeniable. Ingesting THC or CBD can positively impact your mental and physical wellbeing. Edibles are known to help with pain, inflammation, insomnia, depression, stress, and more. With these simple edibles recipes, you have the power to make tasty cannabis-infused treats at home anytime.